FDIC Officers in DC & VA Successfully Negotiates & Ratifies its First Omniplex CBA under LEO

Washington DC - The bargaining committee representing 143 Omniplex security officers working at FDIC in Washington DC and Virginia were successfully able to negotiate a new CBA that gives a wage increase of 4.5% in the first year of the contract followed by an additional 3.5% wage increase in the second year for a total increase of 8% over a two year period.

The Union was also able to negotiate a 5% increase in the health & welfare in both years as well as allowing those officers who opt out of the health care benefits to receive the health & welfare money of $4.64 in cash per hour in lieu of benefits.

In addition to the above the Union was able to renegotiate the the entire previous collective bargaining agreement from scratch giving the FDIC officers almost 100% of the language it was seeking to give them greater protection and rights throughout the contract in all areas including negotiating for a new medical plan that included, hospitalization, dental, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (“AD&D”) a Health Savings Account and 401k plan.

LEOSU Organizing Director Steve Maritas noted at the start of negotiations that "while our members interests was our top priority, we would always treat the Employer fairly, that we would seek common ground vs. conflict, and partnership over hostility. In the end, over weeks of conference calls, email exchanges and two 2 days of actual bargaining both sides were able to successfully come to a fair agreement that both sides can live with and build upon in the future".

Maritas would also like to thank the bargaining committee members Milton Bratton - Scott Lafferty - Brian Burk - Larnell White - FDIC-VA - Keith Chapman, Patrick Magiri and Cameron Lewis-King – FDIC-DC as well as Omniplex Lead Negotiator Kelly Grems, Brad McKean and Barry Leese in addition to Edward D. Bantle Commissioner of Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution and International Services.

FDIC Negotiation Highlight Photos

Search By Tags
  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black
  • Google+ Basic Black

LEOSU Washington DC -The District of Columbia's Newest 9(b)3 Security Union for Law Enforcement & Special Police Officers serving Washington DC Capitol Region