175 Chenega Security Officers @ TSA HQ and Various Sites Vote YES to Ratify Their New CBA which incl
Arlington Virginia - After a long battle to negotiate their first collective bargaining agreement the 175 Chenega security officers finally achieved what they set out to do. Get a fair LEOSU-DC contract they can be proud of.
* Some of the highlights of the contract include getting back the health and welfare which was taken away from them after Chenega was awarded the contract back in May.
* All full-time employees will now receive 7 sick days which theses Chenega TSA security officers never received under its prior collective bargaining agreement with its previous security union.
* Yearly wage increases of $1.00 in the first year of the contract plus an additional $0.95 cents and $0.75 thereafter.
* Herndon, Va which was not part of the previous CBA will now be brought up to the highest wage rate giving these officers a $5.33 cent raise plus the health & welfare paid in cash.
*Strong language protecting their rights which includes: Officers won’t be held over more than 4 hours unless they agree to stay the entire 8 hrs.
* Any DCR’s must be given to an affected Officer no later than 5 days after the alleged offense.
* Vets will be allowed to waive the company coverage if they show proof of VA healthcare.
* Stronger Seniority rights which now will protect these Chenega TSA security officers.
* Federal Mediation has now been added to the Grievance & Arbitration clause to resolve grievances more quickly.
* And a number of other language changes which will protect the rights & dignity of these Chenega TSA security officers.
We wish to thank the negotiating committee and our Local 306 members for ratifying their new LEOSU-DC CBA.